#BillyBallpoint teaches #cops a word they should know! #BlackLivesMatter #BLM #PoliceBrutality

Click here to see the full-size comic strip!
support: patreon.thepete.com buy: Inkstreme Ballpoint Adventures

caffeinate: coffee.thepete.xyz

To me, this is the most logical solution to the problem of police brutality.  It's simply reminding cops they have an...


...alternative to killing.  I know--shocker!  I think our media and our instinct to fear makes us all prone to think drastic action is required for the slightest "threat" we perceive.  For over a decade, our government has been going on and on about how "terrorism is a threat" as if there was any doubt.  Since there is no doubt terrorism is a threat, them repeating it over and over, only makes it sound like a much bigger threat than it really is.  Then, there is the issue of specifics.  What is terrorism a threat to?  America's existence?  Or just a proportionately small number of American lives?  How does it stack up next to cancer?  Or heart disease?  Or gun deaths?

Cops almost instinctively conflate this constant fear of terror into a constant fear of anyone with brown skin.  Of course, there's this thing call rational thought that can check and balance instinct.  I hope my comic strip can provoke cops (and people in general) to use that thing to avoid conflict and save lives.

Fingers crossed, anyway...

Oh, and hey, do you like this comic or the other things I do online?  Then, please support me on Patreon or buy my long-form comicINKSTREME BALLPOINT ADVENTURES!  You can also just buy me a coffee!  Every bit helps!  Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment