From 7/19/2004: The leader of this country knows how corrupt he is.

Click here to see the full-size comic strip!
support: patreon.thepete.com buy: Inkstreme Ballpoint Adventures

caffeinate: coffee.thepete.xyz
There are times throughout my life when I wondered just why America puts up with what it does. Like through...

...the entire second Bush reign, I kept thinking to myself, "isn't this the kind of thing that causes revolutions in countries?"

Think about it--when the Supreme Court decided who would move into the White House in January 2001,  instead of the Congress, which, I believe, is how the Constitution says it should be done, I thought, "this is a gross violation of the public trust!"

When we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, for no cause that international law (like the UN Charter) would find reasonable, I thought, "We're a rogue nation!  TWICE!  Who can stop us?"

When it finally congealed in my mind that the $300 tax rebate we all got back in '04 was essentially a bribe, I decided to draw this.  I guess I can't complain too much.  When he did it again in '08, I spent my tax rebate and got my first iPhone.

What a country.

Oh, and hey, if you like what I do with this comic or anything else online, help me pay my rent this month! If you could support me on Patreon or if you can buy my long-form comic, INKSTREME BALLPOINT ADVENTURES, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! You can also just buy me a coffee!  Every bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment