From 1/1/6: Billy and Barbie return after a year+ off and are happy to see you!

Click here to see the full-size comic strip!
support: patreon.thepete.com buy: Inkstreme Ballpoint Adventures

caffeinate: coffee.thepete.xyz
Yep, some things never change.  Billy and Barbie do speak from their own ids when they feel like it, good or...

...bad.  I wish I could say there was some dramatic reason for me to stop drawing BALLPOINT ADVENTURES in August 2004.  Might have been a dayjob thing,  Honestly not sure.  For whatever reason, I just stopped.  Likewise, I'm not sure what got me back in the saddle again toward the end of 2005.  In 2006 I must have had a lot of creative energy since, for most of 2006, I drew a new BALLPOINT strip every day.

This is what real creativity is like.  Without the ability to support oneself, one has to stop doing what they love for big stretches of time--sometimes even years.  This is what makes the creative process so challenging.  Our society simply isn't designed for artists to thrive.  This is also why it's important to support your favorite creators how ever you can.  It doesn't have to be financial support.  Even compliments really help the process get easier.  They don't help pay the bills, but a comment below or a tweet or an email or whatever you want to do, helps a LOT.  I'm not just saying this so you'll leave me a compliment, I'm saying this for every other artist out there.  If there is someone's work out there that you enjoy, let them know.  And if they have a Patreon or a donate link or a wishlist and you come into some extra cash, pleasepleaseplease, share some of that cash with them.  Even if it's just a buck or two, it helps more than you'd expect.  Who knows? Your support might be the tipping point to allow a person like me from having to quit drawing for a while.

Speaking of which, I have a Patreon!  And a comic you can buy.  I also have a link so you can buy me coffee if you want!  As I said above, every bit helps.  THANK YOU FOR READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment